I finally have heat in the room. I put the duct in last week and finally connected it to the furnace the other day. Connecting ducts and putting them in was actually a fun job. I enjoyed it.
Yesterday was my birthday, so I didn’t do any work on the house. But today is finishing the floor day. I gave it one last sanding with 150 grit paper this morning and then wiped it down with a damp cloth, per the instructions on the polyurethane base coat bottle. Then, I put the base coat on. I am now waiting for it to dry. I hope to put 3 or 4 coats of polyureathane on top. It’s going to take a while because it’s around 2 hours for each coat to dry. I just went to Home Depot to buy some wood for trim, which is my next job. Unfortunately, they didn’t have any 1×6 pine boards. So I just bought some 1x4s that I’ll use around the windows. I decided to put wood trim around the windows because my house has a lot of wood trim. So, I decided to be consistent.
After the trim, I just need to buy a door, a piece of carpeting for the closet, wiring for the internet/phone stuff I want to do and that’s pretty much it. I’m still debating what type of shelving will go in there, but that will be after I’m done.
Here’s how the floor looks after three coats. When it dries I need to sand it and put a final coat on.
The second picture shows a bit of the floor in the closet. It’s amazing to me how much better the floor looks now. It’s not perfect, but I’m really happy with it.