I’m hoping that 2014 will be as good of a year as 2013 was. But I like to set specific goals/resolutions/whatever you want to call them. So here are some things I’d like to accomplish in the coming year.
- Finish the kitchen – My desire to cook a meal in my own house is very great. And I’ve made great progress in the past few months. So, while I’d like to say that it’ll be done by the end of February, a more realistic deadline might be by May or so. Whenever the deadline, I want it done this year. I’m committed to hosting Thanksgiving here and possibly Christmas too.
- Ask for help – Related to the above, I’m going to have to start asking for help with things. And while I like to think that I can do anything by myself, I need to get over my incredible dislike for asking for help.
- Being active – This is just my generic term for biking, running, skating, etc. I was pretty good last year about keeping moving. I have noticed that in winter I tend to shut down, but as soon as the weather gets a little better, I want to get back outside and moving. And I’d still like to take an overnight bike trip. I should start researching some possibilities.
- School – I haven’t taken a real class in a while and I think I’d like to do that. There are tons of online classes now, so I think I’d like to sign up for one in the fall. Right now, I’m thinking a material science class would be interesting, but that could change.
- Travel – While I’m really not much of a traveler, I do know it’s good for you. So I’d like to get myself out there in uncomfortable situations and see what happens. Now that the kitchen is closer to being finished, I feel like I’m in a better position financially to be able to get out some more.
- Read – I like to read, but of late have been having problems in concentrating long enough on a book. Since I think specific goals are good, I’d like to try to read at least one novel per month.
- Make a point of seeing friends – Unfortunately, the main communication method I’ve been using with most of my friends is texting. This should stop. So I want to make a point to go and see people in person. For a person who tends to prefer to stay home alone, this will be a bit of a challenge. But it’d be good for me and good for my friends. And if any of my friends are reading this, feel free to remind me of this anytime if I’m being a pill. That’s probably good for now.
Here’s to 2014! Hope it’s a great year!